CURRENT CURRICULUM (as of February 19-February 22 ):
RELIGION - We will have a test over the five parts of mass on Wednesday. Then we will be doing some Lenten studies.
MATH - We are finishing up working with fractions. The test will be Friday.
SCIENCE - We are learning about weather and climate.
MICHIGAN - We are learning about the farming and logging that took place in Michigan between the 1830s and 1900s.
SPELLING - Our list focuses on homophones.
READING - Our selection this week is a chapter out of "Ramona and Her Father" by Beverly Cleary.
ENGLISH - We are reviewing pronouns. The test will be Thursday.
Monday - Sports Team Day
Tuesday - Crazy Hair/Hat Day
Wednesday - Pancake Breakfast and Mismatch Day
Thursday - Color Theme Day (3rd grade's is BLACK and WHITE)
Friday - Dress-up Day (Boys in collars and ties; Girls in dresses, skirts, or dress pants)
- Tuesday, February 20 - Library
- Wednesday, February 21 - Test - Parts of the Mass
- Thursday, February 22 - Test - PRONOUNS
- Friday, February 23 - Mass led by 4th grade / Stations of the Cross (2:45)
- Monday, February 26 - LOVE ONE ANOTHER color day - We will be coloring Lenten prayer cards to be handed out at both St. Patrick's/Anthony's and St. Mary's.
- Friday, March 2 - Mass led by US / end of trimester
- Monday, March 5 - Color day
- Monday, March 12 - NO SCHOOL
- Tuesday, March 13 - Conferences/Library
- Thursday, March 15 - Conferences
- Friday, March 16 - Mass and HALF-DAY
- Friday, March 23 - Mass led by Grade 7/Stations of the Cross
- Saturday, March 24 - Auction at Fricano's Place
- Tuesday, March 27 - Library books will be returned (none will be checked out)
- Thursday, March 29 - Half day - SPRING BREAK BEGINS AT NOON!
- Wednesday, April 18 - Field trip to Lansing... We will be taking private vehicles, as the bus is just too expensive. If you're interested in driving, you must have the proper insurance and it must be cleared with the office. Also, anyone driving/attending must be VIRTUS trained. More info will be made available as the date draws nearer.
Forms & Documents
Inspired by Saint Mary and rooted in our Catholic faith, St. Mary's School fosters spiritual development, academic excellence, responsibility to self, and service to others in order that the Gospel of Christ may be known in the world.