CURRENT CURRICULUM (as of May 21 -May 24 ):
RELIGION - We are reading Ch. 14 which is called "Commitment."
MATH - We are learning about perimeter, area, symmetry, and congruence. We are also reviewing the past year's concepts.
SCIENCE - We will be reviewing our chapter on heat, light, sound, and electricity. The test will be Thursday, the 31st.
MICHIGAN - We are learning about our constitution.
SPELLING - We have words with r-controlled vowels.
READING - We are reading an a fiction selection called "Cook A Doodle Doo."
ENGLISH - We continue learning about proper sentence structure and becoming better sentence writers. Sentence unit test Wednesday the 30th.
- Week of 5/21 - 5/24: DIBELS testing
- Tuesday, May 22 - Spring Music Program - Be in the gym by 6:15
- Wednesday, May 23 - Last Dollar Jean day for Student Council
- Thursday, May 24 - Field trip to Connor Bayou County Park - "Living History" 9:00 - 1:30 / Reading and Spelling tests in the p.m.
- Friday, May 25 - NO school today (Thanks to hitting [and far exceeding] our $25,000 Race for Education goal.)
- Monday, May 28 - No school / Memorial Day
- Wednesday, May 30 - Our last LOVE ONE ANOTHER day /Wear Love One Another t-shirts today / Sentence unit test
- Thursday, May 31 - 8th Grade Graduation / Science test
- Friday, June 1 - Mass led by Grade 6
- Monday, June 4 - Color day
- Tuesday, June 5 - Mrs. Suchecki's birthday/ Class potluck lunch
- Wednesday, June 6 - End of year celebration field trip with the 4th graders (Lost City) $7 in cash needed
- Thursday, June 7 - FIELD DAY / no pm SL bus
- Friday, June 8 - Last day of school/ Half day/ Mass led by Grade 5
HAVE A WONDERFUL SUMMER!!!!
Forms & Documents
Inspired by Saint Mary and rooted in our Catholic faith, St. Mary's School fosters spiritual development, academic excellence, responsibility to self, and service to others in order that the Gospel of Christ may be known in the world.