CURRENT CURRICULUM (as of January 15 - January 19 ):
RELIGION - We are starting Ch. 9 "Open to All". This is the first chapter where we will have a chapter test. The test will be Monday the 22nd.
MATH - We are working with division and factor trees. We will begin fractions as well.
SCIENCE - We are beginning to learn about FORCES and MOTION.
MICHIGAN - We are learning about a Michigan entrepreneur named Madeline LaFramboise.
SPELLING - Our list focuses on words with variant vowels: oo, u_e, ue, and ew.
READING - Our selection this week is a fiction entitles "The Jones Family Express."
ENGLISH - We continue to learn about Adjectives.
- Wednesday, January 17 - Student Council $1 Color day
- Friday, January 19 - Mass led by grade 4 (NO SL buses today)
- Friday, January 26 - Mass led by us!!
- Sunday, January 28 - 11 a.m. mass - Catholic Schools Week mass (St. Mary's) Students are to wear their mass uniforms.
- Wednesday, April 18 - I have scheduled our field trip to Lansing for this day. We will be taking private vehicles, as the bus is just too expensive. If you're interested in driving, you must have the proper insurance and it must be cleared with the office. Also, anyone driving/attending must be VIRTUS trained. More info will be made available as the date draws nearer.
Forms & Documents
Inspired by Saint Mary and rooted in our Catholic faith, St. Mary's School fosters spiritual development, academic excellence, responsibility to self, and service to others in order that the Gospel of Christ may be known in the world.