TITLE: Director of Elementary Faith Formation and Adult Catechesis
REPORTS TO: Pastor
STATUS: Regular Full-time (40+ hours per week, including some weekends), Salary Exempt
St. Mary Parish in Spring Lake is seeking a full-time Director of Faith Formation and Adult Catechesis who will help us achieve the mission entrusted to us by Jesus Christ, namely, to go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. This person will be responsible for overseeing our elementary (K-6) faith formation program as well as teaching the Catholic faith to the adults of the parish. Candidates are sought who are passionate about being Catholic and wish to share that passion with others. Those who apply should be highly motivated to teach the faith.
· Bachelors’ degree in Theology or Catholic Studies or equivalent required
· Education degree preferred
· Public speaking and teaching
· Leading parish RCIA programs would be a plus
· Should have experience working in a parish setting or
· Qualified applicants must possess effective communication, time management, and organizational skills
· Excellent verbal and communication skills
· Must be able to work well with others, demonstrated the ability to maintain confidentiality and be self-directed
· Must possess a well-developed knowledge of Sacred Scripture, the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and Church history
· Should be comfortable with the use of technology and/or have a willingness and aptitude to be trained in its use and
· All applicants must be fully-initiated Catholics who faithfully adhere to and model the teachings and practices of the Catholic Faith.
Job duties (Not necessarily exhaustive):
· Recruit, accompany and teach those who enroll in our RCIA program
· Prepare parents of children to be baptized
· Present educational sessions about various aspects of Catholicism to adult parishioners and others in the Spring Lake community, to coordinate parish bible studies, and work with the pastor to direct the parish outreach efforts
· Recruit and train faith formation volunteers, as well as provide on-going formation for the teachers of St. Mary School
· Organizing and direct Vacation Bible School for one week each summer
Submit a resume and cover letter to Father Dave Gross at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions can also be directed to this email or call 616-842-1702.
Leave a Reply.
Parish Office - Learn more about our parish by visiting this page or using the RSS Feed below.