Wednesday evening Reconciliation will end for the summer on May 30th and resume again on Wednesday, September 5th.
Friday morning Masses will be at 8:00 a.m. from June 15th through August 31, 2018.
Join us for the first annual CCWM MVP competition!
Do you want to make a difference for the Catholic Charities West Michigan (CCWM) foster care and adoption programs? Each player is in competition to raise funds for CCWM.
Here’s how it works!
Starting TODAY, you can start raising funds to put you in the running. Your fans can make a donation leading up to the game, (checks made payable to CCWM), or they can donate on the CCWM website (ccwestmi.org) and place in the specify program name “I’m rooting for (insert your name)!” CCWM staff will track these donations for you. Make sure your fans know that all donations made go directly to the Foster Care and Adoption programs at CCWM.
When guests enter the night of the event there will be an MVP Donation station on the concourse at the main gate entrance. They will be able to make donations until 730pm that night to be added to your total. At the end of the game whoever has raised the most funds will be announced on the field and receive bragging rights for the year as well as a large trophy! This trophy will be brought back and engraved each year as the tradition continues.
So who’s ready to play some ball and raise money for a good cause? Open the pdf and see your MVP!
TITLE: Director of Elementary Faith Formation and Adult Catechesis
REPORTS TO: Pastor
STATUS: Regular Full-time (40+ hours per week, including some weekends), Salary Exempt
St. Mary Parish in Spring Lake is seeking a full-time Director of Faith Formation and Adult Catechesis who will help us achieve the mission entrusted to us by Jesus Christ, namely, to go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. This person will be responsible for overseeing our elementary (K-6) faith formation program as well as teaching the Catholic faith to the adults of the parish. Candidates are sought who are passionate about being Catholic and wish to share that passion with others. Those who apply should be highly motivated to teach the faith.
· Bachelors’ degree in Theology or Catholic Studies or equivalent required
· Education degree preferred
· Public speaking and teaching
· Leading parish RCIA programs would be a plus
· Should have experience working in a parish setting or
· Qualified applicants must possess effective communication, time management, and organizational skills
· Excellent verbal and communication skills
· Must be able to work well with others, demonstrated the ability to maintain confidentiality and be self-directed
· Must possess a well-developed knowledge of Sacred Scripture, the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and Church history
· Should be comfortable with the use of technology and/or have a willingness and aptitude to be trained in its use and
· All applicants must be fully-initiated Catholics who faithfully adhere to and model the teachings and practices of the Catholic Faith.
Job duties (Not necessarily exhaustive):
· Recruit, accompany and teach those who enroll in our RCIA program
· Prepare parents of children to be baptized
· Present educational sessions about various aspects of Catholicism to adult parishioners and others in the Spring Lake community, to coordinate parish bible studies, and work with the pastor to direct the parish outreach efforts
· Recruit and train faith formation volunteers, as well as provide on-going formation for the teachers of St. Mary School
· Organizing and direct Vacation Bible School for one week each summer
Submit a resume and cover letter to Father Dave Gross at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions can also be directed to this email or call 616-842-1702.
St. Mary’s PTO is having an amazing fundraiser. Have you heard about it? “Cards for a Cause” offers 4 different card boxes, thanks and blanks, kid’s birthday, and 2 varieties of all occasion cards. Each box is $30 with 30 cards per box. These are handcrafted greeting cards with coordinating envelopes in a keepsake box. There is a video on St. Mary’s PTO Facebook page that you can share with family and friends so they can see the quality of the cards. The PTO will earn up to $13 per card box sold that will be put back into the school. The family that sells the most card boxes will win an at home pizza party (Jet’s pizza gift card and Redbox movie rental gift card)!
All forms must be turned in by Monday, May 7th. See the table in the gathering space.
Parish Office - Learn more about our parish by visiting this page or using the RSS Feed below.